Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Reunion

It has started. The slow, steady buzz of the ten year high school reunion. Ours is coming up this summer. No one really has a clue what's going on, but that isn't really surprising. We've never been an overly organized bunch.
The general feeling is that we should have one, but no one really wants to take on the daunting task of creating one. Some people have out right said that they wouldn't go, others will be there with bells on. I'm planning to be in the bell arena.
I would organize, but I'm not organized. I'm also not in Cranbrook so it's a bit harder to do. Other names of qualified candidates have been floated around, but there doesn't seem to be any firm ideas or commitment or the ability to get in touch with said candidates. There are a few emails flying around, asking what's happening, but I'm still waiting for the one that actually has some thoughts on what should happen or is going to happen.
I'll send a call out to anyone that knows anything or has any ideas, but I don't know that anyone actually read this anymore. I'll take my chances and hope for the best.

I also know that it's been three months since I've posted anything on here and the last one was about my accident. Here's the long and short of it:
I was in the cast for eight weeks, but my wrist didn't heal, so I had surgery in early December to put a screw into the bone to hold it together. I had to wear a brace on my wrist for the next five weeks to let it set and it's looking great now, according to my surgeon. I'm working with a physiotherapist to get strength and movement back into my wrist as it now looks anorexic and doesn't move quite right. Definitely an improvement but it's been a frustrating time of it. I'll deal. I always do. It's not like I haven't hurt myself before.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rod said...

I still read this! I'd be willing to have a 'Montreal branch' of the reunion, but I don't know when else I'd be out West this summer.

8:05 p.m., January 27, 2007  
Blogger loring said...

WTF ever. All you cranny freaks live within a 10 mile radius. I thought you had your highschool reunion when Rod came out to dinner at your place. I mean, isn't seeing each other every month enough of a reunion? Also, you don't live in Surrey. You live in "The New Yale Town."

11:13 p.m., February 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home