Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Delay

Yes, I do realize how long it has been since I have posted on here. I've been busy! Really! Let's see, what have I done?
First things first, I have a roommate. We had some staffing changes at the school and a new teacher came in. Unfortunately, there was no where for her to live when she got into town. I, being a generous, selfless and somewhat lonely person, invited her to stay with me in my rather small, dungeon like apartment. This worked for awhile, but we soon came to realize that our lives demanded more space and more light. We made the big move about 20 steps away, to a much bigger brighter, newer, less bug-ier place. This means higher hydro bills but it's a small price to pay for what we're getting. We attempted to fool StarChoice into a deal with the neighbours but it didn't pan out, so I'm still paying too much for TV that I really shouldn't be watching.
Nav is a fabulous roommate. She's loud, laughs like crazy and procrastinates just like me. We're a horrible combination but we're enjoying ourselves, so it's balancing out. An added bonus for me: she really likes to cook, and is really good at it. I'm learning and I have mastered a simple Thai stirfry that I'll be making often until I learn something new.
School is going well. The students are really looking forward to Spring Break. I am too, but I don't have much planned. I'm going to lay low and try to spend as little money as possible. It's quite fun to look at my bank account and see that I really only spend money three days a month, but I really go wild on those three days. I'm getting good at shopping for two weeks at a time.
This weekend, attempts were made to go fishing, but there were technical difficulties with the boat, so it was a short lived experience. I went out with Mike (another teacher) and his father-in-law (Ray, from Creston) on a coworker's (Beryl) husband's (John) boat. The weather was good, not too choppy, and I appear to be past the seasickness I suffered from as a child.
Because of our fruitless effort at fishing, we decided to go crabbing off the ferry dock instead. We borrowed a trap and took out a couple of rods and spent about 3 hours out there. Stacy was happy because she could come this time (she wasn't up for taking 4 month old Sarra out on a boat for the fishing trip) and we traded off entertaining Sarra and trying to catch crabs with the fishing rod. I am proud to say that I am the only one to catch a crab! Mike got a flounder and Ray caught some weird eel-salamander thing. We got a few more in the trap for a grand total of 7 crabs.
I got some pictures that I'll eventually get up here, but this is a big enough step for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home